kernel 2.2.14 + AMI RAID

From: Paco Martinez (pmartinez@heraldo.es)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 07:27:05 EST

Estimated gurus.

My PC has Red Hat 6.2 + kernel 2.2.14 + AMI MegaRAID LD0 RAID5 + 5 Hard Disk
Ultra SCSI..

That kernel is giving me many problems -about virtual memory and mysql-.
Therefore, I would like to install another newer kernel, but I'm afraid AMI
MegaRAID could give problems after upgrading..

Is would be necessary to find any patch to apply AMI MegaRAID ??

It would be any problem just upgrading from RedHat 6.2 to Red Hat 7.2 ??

Updating just a newer kernel would be best solution ??

Any help would be grateful !!!