Re: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 05:50:32 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> The problem I have with piping patches directly to bk is that I don't like
> to switch back-and-forth between reading email and applying (and fixing
> up) patches. Even if the patch applies cleanly (which most of them tend to
> do) I still usually need to do at least some minimal editing of the commit
> message etc (removing stuff like "Hi Linus" etc).

I don't know how much your scripts already do, so below is just a
suggestion how to do some of the preprocessing of patches already during
email reading (the bk magic has to be added by someone else).

bye, Roman

#! /bin/bash

rm -f /tmp/test-patch /tmp/test-log

IFS=""
log=y
while read -r line; do
case "$line" in
---\ *)
        log=n
        ;;
esac
test $log = y && echo "$line" >> /tmp/test-log
echo "$line" >> /tmp/test-patch
done

(
        oldtty=`stty -g`