Re: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 03:07:14 EST

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:36:01PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

[...Talking about BitKeeper adoption...]
> That will be very convenient for multiple patches, but at the
> same time that will require more trust in the source, so I'll probably
> keep the "patches as diffs in emails" for the occasional work, and the
> direct BK link for the people I work closest with.

What about people who send you occasionnal patches, and happen to
be using Bitkeeper too ?

Do you still prefer only regular patches from them or you would
accept something generated with a:
        bk send -d torvalds@transmeta.com
(which prepends the bk changeset with the equivalent in unified diff
format, so you can have the best of both worlds) ?

In the latter case Documentation/SubmittingPatches should be updated
with the proper BitKeeper syntax to use etc.

Stelian.

--
Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>
|---------------- Free Software Engineer -----------------|