Re: want opinions on possible glitch in 2.4 network error reporting

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 16:45:58 EST

However, if you use non-blocking IO you will get EAGAIN if
there is no buffer space. Blocking calls should always
block untill there is buffer space.

Also, just because select says the socket/poll is writable, it
may not be (immediately) because you can send UDP packets
that are larger than 2048 bytes, and that is the cutoff that
tells select the socket is writable...

I've actually sent a patch to Dave Miller to make select/poll
wait untill there is 64k of buffer space (the maximum size of
a UDP packet), but he is still reviewing the issue.

Enjoy,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>