Re: Patch for eepro100 to support more cards

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 07:27:27 EST

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:06:26AM +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
> This patch adds support for the
> Intel Pro/100 VE
> Network card to the eepro100.c
>
> This card is installed in my notebook (Sony Vaio PCG-GR114MK). Seems to work
> fine.

Nice!

[snip]

> +#ifndef PCI_DEVICE_ID_INTEL_ID1031 // Support for Intel Pro/100
> VE added by Hanno Boeck <hanno@gmx.de>

[snip]

PLEASE put this kind of comments in the changelog or similarly fitting
place instead of in the code. If everyone had their e-mail address
in a comment after every line they added, would be bloated beyond
proportions (some argue that it already is, but let's ignore that for
now...)

Regards: David Weinehall
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </