Re: New scheduler in 2.4. series?

From: Kristian (kristian.peters@korseby.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 16:22:44 EST

Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> if you are using nice -20 tasks then they might take CPU time away from
> lower priority tasks. This is why bigger negative nice levels should only
> be used sparingly. (and this is why it can only be done as root.)

Of course. But with the good old scheduler I've never had any problems. The system was very slow but continuously responsive. (low frequency timeslices between process rotations) With your -J2 patch it's getting really unusable. Maybe I should give -K2 a try.

*Kristian

  :... [snd.science] ...:
 ::
 :: http://www.korseby.net