confused about block device behaviour

From: lord latex (llx@swissonline.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:19:11 EST

hi

i've got written a block device driver for the 2.4.x
kernel and it seems to work. but something looks
strange to me. i've go a very simple application that
does nothing more then open the block device, read
1024 byte and close the device. when i run this app.
serveral times my do_request function gets called
every time. why? i expect this block beeing buffered
in the buffer cache. what do i don't see, or what is
possibly wrong with my block device?

thanks