Re: Can't boot 2.4.17 or 2.5.1 kernel

From: Marinho Paiva Duarte (marinho_linux@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 09:30:01 EST

Hi!
I really don't know...
I use Debain 2.2r3 and always used the Bunk's packages to use 2.4.x
kernels. Did you try to compile the kernel instead of using the .deb
version??
I did never use a kernel in .deb format. So, I can not say if it is
the problem.
Try to get a kernel in tarball format and compile it by yourself.
If you need more help, feel free to contact me.
One more thing: send any error messages that can get when trying to
boot 2.4 kernel. It can be very useful.

Regards,

-------
Marinho Paiva Duarte
Usuário Linux #229528

 /"\
 \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
  X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
 / \