2.4.17: Bug?

From: Alexander Sandler (ASandler@store-age.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 11:04:10 EST

Hi all.

I found something that looks like a bug.

The configuration is the following:
Dual CPU machine with Linux RedHat 7.1 running kernel 2.4.17
(official), connected to SAN with two FC-HBAs (QLogic 2200).

Bug appears when I am starting two processes, first doing I/O
to first LUN through first HBA and second doing I/O to second
LUN through second HBA. When I am disconnecting first HBA
from the SAN, machine getting into four minute SCSI error
recovery and then first process exits with I/O error as it
should, while second process getting stacked and never
returns (this is the problem - it should continue doing I/O
like nothing happend).

This problem appearing on SMP kernel. On UP kernel,
everything works fine.
I found this while I was working on volume manager driver.
This driver should be able to do fail over to another HBA (if
available) in case of error.

I have all required hardware and software to work out this
problem so I'll be glad to give a hand to who ever can
(should?) or/and will start working on this.

Alexandr Sandler.