Re: SCSI + IDE = HANG

From: syzygy (syzygy@pubnix.org)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 01:31:18 EST

the first command sucseeded and my machine seems to be stable with
it... I then tried the second command and got this...

/dev/hdd:
 setting using_dma to 1 (on)
 setting xfermode to 34 (multiword DMA mode2)
 HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(setxfermode) failed: Input/output error
 using_dma = 1 (on)

I noted that it turned dma back on and left 32 bit alone... but the xfer
mode seemed to fail... it does jhowever still seem stable... thoughts?

Keith Baker
Email: Syzygy@pubnix.org

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with 100% mortality.