kdb on virtual console

From: Ishan O. Jayawardena (ioshadi@sltnet.lk)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 11:39:33 EST

CC' TO : ioshadi@sltnet.lk (I'm on the list, my ISP's having some
trouble at
present.)

Greetings,

        I've seen threads discussing this here in the past, but nothing
seems
to have come out of it. So here goes...

The problem: On exit from a kdb session in linux (with the "go"
command), the
kernel is resumed (acpid works - i.e. the power button is the only
interface
left!), but the console seems to be locked in some way. _Sometimes_,
hitting
the enter key brigs up the shell prompt, but most of the time, nothing.
I don't
have another machine to use kdb on a serial console. Just tried kdb 2.1
with
linux 2.4.17: still hangs. I've heard that stopping and starting gpm in
the
background is a workaround, but obviously, it doesn't fix anything.

        I'd be grateful if anyone could provide a real fix or tell me
how I
should go about the kernel's tty code to find the root of this problem.

        Thanks in advance.

Ishan Oshadi Jayawardena

CC' TO : ioshadi@sltnet.lk

----
        "Premature anger is the sign of an immature mind."
                                        - Destro "G. I. Joe"
        /* Yes, I still watch cartoons. So sue me :) */