Re: missing memset in divas and eicon in 2.2.20

From: Karsten Keil (kkeil@suse.de)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 06:29:00 EST

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:19:15AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
> Did you use plain 2.2.20 ?
> I cannot reproduce this problem here, can you please send me your
> kernel config.

It may be also a compiler related problem, so the version of the compiler is
also important. Some newer gcc don't inline memcpy/memset if complete
structures or arrays are assigned. For example:

char x[4] = {0,};

result in a memset, if here is no define of memset in any header it will
give an undefined symbol. Earlier gcc use buildin inline versions of memset
for this. Its a long discussion with gcc people, what is is the correct way
( I don't know the end of this discussion).