Re: [BUG] Suspected bug in getpeername and getsockname

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 18:26:19 EST

   From: "Balbir Singh" <balbir_soni@hotmail.com>
   Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:20:14 -0800

   Depending on the length passed to me in getpeername,
   I fill in the correct members and return it back.

What broken protocol works like this?

   Even if we do not pass the value passed by the user
   to the protocol specific code, I would like to cleanup
   the code in socket.c to check for invalid values
   upfront and save time and space in all the calls.

Optimizing error cases never bears any fruit.