Re: Current NBD 'stuff'

From: Paul Clements (kernel@steeleye.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 17:26:06 EST

On 3 Dec 2001, Edward Muller wrote:

> Anyone know where I can find the latest NBD stuff? Esp. client/server
> code?

I have the same question. Maybe the user-level stuff is not being
actively maintained?

However, since we couldn't find current versions of this stuff,
my colleagues and I patched nbd-server and the nbd kernel module
to fix a few bugs and to make them a little more robust. I'll
attach my versions of those files (which I think are derived from
Pavel's .14.tar.gz versions).

> Oh ... And one more question what's the best 2.4.X kernel to use with
> nbd?

You'll want at least 2.4.4 (you'll probably want later than that for
other reasons anyway) -- I think before that NBD was badly broken.

--
Paul Clements
Paul.Clements@SteelEye.com