Re: usb-storage fails with datafab md2-usb (ide hdd on usb) on newer kernels >2.4.8

From: Christoph Kampe (kernelml@kampe.net)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 19:04:37 EST

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:41:23AM +0100, Christoph Kampe wrote:
... very much, but not the Problemdescription.

Hi again,
sorry i forget to write what went wrong with the DataFab Storage.

Actually, with 2.4.8 when i connect the usb-storage it loads all
necessary modules and a mount takes less then 1second.

With 2.4.15-pre4 it loads the three modules too but, it gives
> kernel: usb-storage: *** thread sleeping.
> kernel: scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after
> bus reset: host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0
> kernel: I/O error: dev 08:05, sector 0
in my log.
as i wrote in my last mail (last 10 lines)
a mount wonīt work, takes some time and breaks with
"I/O error:dev 08:05, sector 0"

I dontīt know exactly if it fails because of the usb-storage or the
scsi_mod module.

Regards
Christoph