Re: Nazi kernels

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 22:47:13 EST

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 04:34:42AM +0100, lobo@polbox.com wrote:
> because nazi kernel's don't allow me to load modules needed for my
> graphic card. What will be next, maybe you disable to run non GPL
> executables under linux ?

You must be thinking of nvidia's kernel module...

With the new module licenes, they do not keep you from loading or even
making the modules. It just lets the community know that they don't need to
support bug reports from these kernels.

The *seperate* issue of gpl symbols will also not affect current symbols,
only new symbols that people add in the future.

Mike

PS, I don't think our community needs people who jump to colclusions like
this. Have you even read LKML?!