hang with 2.4.14 & vmware 3.0.x, anyone else seen this?

From: Frank de Lange (lkml-frank@unternet.org)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 11:39:19 EST

Hi'all...

 [ disclaimer: yeah, vmware, yeah tainted kernel, yeah yeah ]

It seems 2.4.14 and vmware 3.0.x don't like eachother very much on my SMP (yeah
Abit, yeah yeah I know) box. I've seen several hangs (nothing logged, no
warning, no nothing) using this combination. The same box, running the same
vmware but 2.4.13-ac instead does not complain...

Sooooo.... there seems to be something going on there. As vmware loads its own
kernel modules (licensed under who knows what? The source is available and
hackable), it could be a bug in those modules. Then again, as it does not occur
on the -ac series, it could be in the kernel as well. As there's nothing to be
seen in the logs (it just freezes solid), there's nothing more to report
currently...

Cheers//Frank

--
 ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange     \