RE: Probing for Kernel Configuration

From: Eric Bresie (ebresie@usa.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 17:36:28 EST

Yes...doesn't that kind of assume you have all the necessary modules
compiled and available for the kernel you are using?? What I am proposing
is a probe that creates a config for use with compiling the kernel.

That doesn't work when you are trying out a new kernel...If I download linux
2.4.x which has all sorts of new modules...I don't think kudzu will setup
your kernel source configuration options, recompile the modules and then
activate the modules.

Also that is distribution specific also, which is seperate from the kernel
itself..

Eric