Re: ext3 vs resiserfs vs xfs

From: Daniel Gryniewicz (dang@fprintf.net)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 14:50:01 EST

FWIW, I run both ext3 and reiserfs on the same computer, and, after a crash, neither of them run fsck. My ext3 partition is mounted on /, so maybe it matters that it's mounted *before* it's fscked? The journal replay should mark it clean, so fsck should only run when it times out. You can also set the fsck number to "0" in your fstab, and it will never fsck, but then you will loose the periodic fscks. (I run 2.4.13-ac7-preempt-sse at the moment.)

Daniel
---
Recursion n.:
        See Recursion.
                        -- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary