Re: kernel 2.4.14 compiling fail for loop device

From: Todd M. Roy (troy@holstein.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 10:21:45 EST

Would you believe that I recompiled 2.4.14 this morning
and can't seem to reproduce it now?

-- todd --

"Barry K. Nathan" wrote:

> > When I did, and used a looped an iso image, eventually my
> > computer froze up. Using the actual cd, it did not. So my
> > personal answer would be no.
>
> Hmmm... my *root* filesystem (with /usr, /home, etc. all on it) on one of
> my computers is loop mounted, and I've not had such a freeze with 2.4.14
> and the two lines removed... Just another data point.
>
> -Barry K. Nathan <barryn@pobox.com>

   .~. Todd Roy, Senior Database Administrator .~.
   /V\    Holstein Association, U.S.A. Inc.    /V\
  // \\          troy@holstein.com            // \\
 /(   )\        1-802-254-4551x4230          /(   )\
		-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759