Re: Are -final releases realy FINAL? (Was Re: kernel 2.4.14 compiling fail for loop device)

From: Anuradha Ratnaweera (anuradha@gnu.org)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 22:27:30 EST

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 07:17:47PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Here here.
>
> You'd almost expect this from XP-beta to XP-final, but not Linux kernel...

Few points.

- I don't believe that there is any such thing stable enough to be caled
  XP-final, or even XP-beta ;) Specially when compared to the Linux kernel
  standards of stability.

- It is not necessary to compare linux with other low grade software ;)
  They may not work. But linux do.

- I nevey use nor plan to use XP so I don't care if it doesn't work.

> Sorry, couldn't resist.

I couldn't, too ;)

Regards,

Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.13)

Three hours a day will produce as much as a man ought to write. -- Trollope