kernel panic smp & usb scanner, with ksymoops, superseded

From: Dennis J.A. Bijwaard (bijwaard@bijwaard.dhs.org)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:01:11 EST

Hi,

Sorry about the previous message, I forgot to attach the ksymoops.

I repeatedly get kernel panics when I try to use my usb scanner. As my
scanner is not specified in /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/scanner.h, I
added it myself at the end of scanner_device_ids as:
    /* Compeye simplex / Trust combiscan / Powervision Technologies Inc. */
        { USB_DEVICE(0x05cb, 0x1483) }, /* compeye simplex */

The kernel panic occurs when I try to scan using sane (in this case the
hp backend). Something similar occurs with other usb backends like mustek.

I've attached the kernel panic info from kernel 2.4.14, with and without
processing by ksymoops. The problem also occured in 2.4.13.

--
Kind regards,
                   Dennis Bijwaard