Re: regd kernel compilation

From: Step 1 B (step1b@cyberspace.org)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 13:09:55 EST

The number of hardware ettings is just too many,and so I fear
I may go somewhere wrong. so I want it the automatic way only.

1. Is this approach been discussed earlier too ? How easy/tough is it
  to do it ? how good/bad is it ?

2. How is hardware detected ? Which part of the kernel source should
I look at ?

Again, please cc me the responses.