2.4.14 breaks block/loop.c (loopback device)

From: Jonas Diemer (diemer@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 06:20:33 EST

Hi!

The latest kernel seems to breake the loop device. I used 2.4.13 before, and
everything was fine. I didn't change my kernel config when upgrading.

I compile the loop device as a module. trying to modprobe/insmod it, I get the
following error message:

unresolved symbol in loop.o: deactivate_page

I did a

# grep -R "deactivate_page" *

in linux-2.4.14: there is no other occurances of deactivate_page in the whole
linux source.
the patch file shows, that the function "deactivate_page" has been removed
(probably replaced by some similar function). but it seems that nobody updated
loop.c.

I hope you can help

regards
Jonas

PS: As I am not subscribed to the list, please CC me in your answers.

Jonas