[POLITICAL] Re: ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

From: John Fremlin (john@fremlin.de)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 13:38:19 EST

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> > > I guess in the mean time SIS board are best avoided. Who knows if they'll
> > > ever actually deliver
> >
> > Why suggesting to avoid this board that looks pretty fast, stable and is
> > very cheap? A reasonable and low cost Sound board will fit and will give
> > far better sound quality for less CPU load.
>
> because so many people have bought things on the promise of vendor support
> that never appeared or was at best minimal

Indeed. Could you all please hassle SiS for the datasheet for the 7012
integrated audio controller in the SiS 735?

They say you should contact their marketing people about datasheets
using a web based form

        http://www.sis.com/contact/salescontact.htm

Alternatively, random people at SiS can be spammed about the lack of
datasheet or open linux driver. It'd be nice if someone could give
them a physical telephone call, but I don't have access to a landline
so it'd be really expensive for me :-(

>From the SiS website:

China
Ms. Ellie Yin
Tel:886+2+29161619 ext.346
E-mail: ellie@sis.com.tw.

Europe, Taiwan, Japan, Korea:
Ms. Jessie Lee
Tel:886+2+29161619 ext.341
E-mail: jessie@sis.com.tw

North America, Oceania:
Miss Michele Huang
Tel:886+2+29161619 ext.345
E-mail: michele@sis.com.tw.

All other regions(S.E. Asia, India, Middle-East, Latin America, Russia):
Ms. Ellie Yin
Tel:886+2+29161619 ext.346
E-mail: ellie@sis.com.tw

[...]