Via Reboot and Keyboard

From: Sean Middleditch (elanthis@awesomeplay.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 11:36:43 EST

Hi again all,

 On my laptop's VIA82C686 bios, if I reboot with Linux, the machine
doesn't boot up properly. It gives me a keyboard error, among other
things. This happens with kernel 2.4.7, 2.4.12, and 2.4.13 (which, btw,
now seems to work fine, tho I haven't tested it much - I think there may
have been something in the -ac branch that was making it die before).

 However, on 2.4.9, it works fine. I reboot, and the computer comes
back up OK. Same if I rebooted from WindowsXP.

 How the frick can I debug this one?

Sean Etc.