Re: Via Onboard Audio - Round #2

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 08:54:11 EST

At 13:44 04/11/2001, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > Linux is not
> > a PNP OS and hence problems like yours often get fixed by setting in the
> > BIOS that you are not using a PNP OS.
>
>Incorrect. PCI IRQ routing (net effect of "PNP OS: Yes") works fine for
>everybody except those with Sean's type of PCI IRQ routing table.

Well, if I reboot set it to YES and boot into Linux my SB Live stops
working. As does my wintv pci (or my network card, can't remember)... If I
reboot, set it to NO and boot again then all is fine. Fully reproducible.

In Windows everything works with either setting, in Linux it doesn't.

And that's a fact with my Asus P4B mobo + P4 1.7GHz CPU, SB Live!, 3c9xyz,
wintv pci, advansys scsi, and loads of peripherals (usb, etc).

Sorry, but I am correct at least for my hardware.

Anton

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/