Re: Via Onboard Audio - Round #2

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 08:20:04 EST

At 05:30 04/11/2001, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>On Sun, 2001-11-04 at 00:03, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > You cannot, through driver options.
> >
> > The IRQ routing conflict is definitely the problem. You can try booting
> > with "PNP OS: No" and maybe other irq options are hidden in your BIOS
> > setup under an advanced menu.
>
>There is no option.

You mean you bios doesn't allow you to choose whether you have a PNP OS or
not?!? That would be very unusual (unless you have a Dell...). Linux is not
a PNP OS and hence problems like yours often get fixed by setting in the
BIOS that you are not using a PNP OS. Windows still works fine with PNP OS
= NO btw. - On my P4 I had to set PNP OS = NO otherwise I couldn't get my
sound card to work...

Anton

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/