Re: 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 04:50:55 EST

drevil@warpcore.org said:
> What I am advocating is a little bit more sanity. The OS should not
> break compatability with existing drivers so often for a 'stable'
> release.

Name a driver in the 2.4.13-pre6 tree which doesn't compile and work with
the 2.4.13-pre6 kernel.

We don't care about binary-only modules. That policy is fixed in stone - if
you don't like it, you are missing the point of what many of us are here
for. In which case, please go away and stop trolling.

        (ref: http://lwn.net/1999/0211/a/lt-binary.html)

--
dwmw2