Re: 2 GB file limitation

From: Gábor Lénár (lgb@lgb.hu)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 03:23:42 EST

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 03:51:53PM +0200, Luigi Genoni wrote:
> > > ?? slackware 8 has large file support (I've been useing it for a while
> > > now)
> > I think you can get >2GB support if you've Gcc 3.0. Even with the latest
> >
> ???
> I am using it and I am using gcc 2.95.3 for normal things,
> and to compiled my kernel and my libc, because gcc
> 3.0.1 produces slower binaries on my Athlons (yes, with athlon
> optimizzations turned on), at less for my programs, and it is better to
> avoid it for glibc compilation because of back compatibility issues.

Yes, gcc3 is (well at least NOW) a piece of shit. It produces BIGGER and
SLOWER binaries ... Checked on: Athlon, AMD K6-2.
With the same gcc command line ...

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb@lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!