-ac option for scripts/patch-kernel

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert (gilbertd@treblig.org)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 07:38:53 EST

Hi,
  Please find attached a replacement for linux/scripts/patch-kernel
(The diff was larger than the file)

  It adds a -ac option, so you can do

        patch-kernel . .. 2.4.9 -ac

        For example on a 2.4.x source tree and upgrade it to 2.4.9 and apply the
latest ac patch in the patch directory.

  or

        patch-kernel . .. 2.4.9 -ac14

        To use the -ac14 patch instead of the latest

        or

        patch-kernel . .. -ac

        To upgrade to the latest Linus kernel and then apply the latest -ac patch
for it.

  I've given it a reasonably heavy test, but would welcome suggestions/comments.

One known issue is that:

  patch-kernel . .. -ac 2.4.9

  Is invalid and is not warned about (the base kernel version must be $3)

I also fixed a case where the stop version was checked too late.

Enjoy,

Dave

 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM, SPARC and HP-PA | In Hex /