ACPI processor throttling problem in 2.4.10

From: Martin Röder (m-roeder@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 08:50:01 EST

Hi,

with the 2.4.10 kernel my processor doesn't enter the C2 power state any
more. I found the reason to be the state promotion part of pr_power_idle()
which actually does no state promotion if bm_control is 0.
As far as I understand, the bm_control flag should only disable the C3 state
on machines where busmastering can't be controlled and not disable state
changing completely.
The attached patch should correct this problem.

  Martin