Question about ioremap and io_remap_page_range

From: 舒国强 (guoqiang@intec.iscas.ac.cn)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 01:04:42 EST

 Here is some rather basic questions I want ask ,any reply or comment please
 CC to my emailbox,thank you very much.

 When I work with kernel 2.4.2 in Intel X86 , I use

     VIRT_ADDR = ioremap(BUS_ADDR); to map a section of PCI memory, and
     X_ADDR = virt_to_phys(VIRT_ADDR);

  I think in x86 platform X_ADDR should equel with BUS_ADDR, but it turns to be
 NOT, can you explain ?

  In X86 platform ,Can I use return value of ioremap() as a memory pointer?

  I use io_remap_page_range(BUS_ADDR,,) in mmap() function,but the result is
 that the memory I map is READ ONLY from user space,when I try to write to it,
 a "do_sw_pg. bogus page(XXXXXXXX)" appears. Can you explain to me?

  I know these questions are childish,but I need the answer urgently,thanks!

 George Shu

:.炈洷殊m珉a娚b策靭wm呴b濓顬藳笔鈓閎烄戧鐉_鉃豝n噐■侂h櫒璀&{鄗夸z罐楘++zf"穐殘啳嗃i飦戧鐉_璁鎗:+v墾)撸鴐歋鍄澏瓎踚鹈砘璁鍜i