2.4.9-ac10 - plague still lives

From: Samium Gromoff (_deepfire@mail.ru)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 21:59:19 EST

        Alan i finally (hmm already a week or so ago) catched the process
  which forces to oops all kernels since 2.4.7 - it is kupdated, and
  it is signed as author of all oopses from the first one appearing to the last.
  It is very likely that i was wrong earlier claiming oopses were related to
  sound issues - since i never then seen oops with not kupdated being the cause.
        More: ac10 causes mc and vi to segfault badly
  after some time from bootup. While vi segfaults while being tried to run,
  mc segfaults while trying to open some file and edit it (ie you open
  a file, then press anykey and then - you know).
        I suspect here that the fact i havent recompiled glibc and mc
  to reflect possible kernel interface changes is being the cause.
       Actually 2.4.7 was last stable for me, and i still use it even
 regarding the fact it suffers console-losing issues which recent acs
 dont suffer from.

cheers, Sam