Re: [GOLDMINE!!!] Athlon optimisation bug (was Re: Duron kernel crash)

From: Luigi Genoni (kernel@Expansa.sns.it)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 11:21:31 EST

OK, on a trial athlon 1GhZ FSB 133 MHZ i did an upgrade from a well
working KT73c to KT73r and BOOM!

here i read from their changelog!!

1.Update BIOS code.

7.Enhance the high speed 133FSB Athlon
                    stability for KT7A/KT7A-RAID.

I think I should make a try with a 1300 Mhz 100MhzFSB!

effectivelly all my Athlon now wroks well using
KT73c bios, i never upgraded to a following one, but i made a further
check, and noticed that the first oops reports are older than this bios
release. So there is no way that first report could be related to
KT73r bios version. maybe also KT73n has problems.... (1.First release for
KT7A/KT7A-RAID V
                    1.3 or newer.)

Luigi