boot time inflation code hack

From: Takehiro Tominaga (tominaga@isoternet.org)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 08:40:24 EST

hi all,

On some architectures, linux kernel image can be stored in compressed
format(with gzip) and boot loader will inflate the compression.

I found linux/lib/inflate.c is the boot-time inflating routine and
is not used from another part of kernel. In the inflate.c, there
are some malloc() and free().

inflate.c is included from linux/arch/*/boot/compressed/misc.c, which
provides these functions.

but, for each architecture, free() does nothing at all. So we can remove
some part of inflate.c. the patch is attached.

I just tested it on IA32 platform only. please review on your architecture.
---
Takehiro TOMINAGA // may the source be with you!