A tester is needed with dual P3 and USB

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:22:04 EST

Hi, All:

I received a complaint that a UP kernel hangs on boot if USB is
enabled. SMP works. An SMP kernel started with "nosmp" hangs too.
The reporter is, umm, how shall I put it... is a power user.

I need someone to help me to track the problem down, because
I am curious. I heard of SMP hangs before, but a UP hang is
a novel idea.

The box is VA Linux 1000 (similar to IBM Netfinity 4000r).
Kernel is 2.4.8-ac10.

If you love me (or USB subsystem in kernel) enough to help
me out, and you your hardware reproduces the problem,
please reply privately.

Thanks in advance,
-- Pete