Re: Files missing from filesystem? (2.4.9)

From: Mark Cuss (mcuss@cdlsystems.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:12:46 EST

> The most likely cause (i.e. it's happened to me) is that bdflush had
stopped
> working.
> Thats the process responsible for making sure changes to files are
actually
> comitted to disk.
>
> Check the logs again and search for bdflush.

I looked through all the /var/log/messages files (actually all the files in
/var/log) and can't spot any bdflush entries.
This does however sound like it may be the suspect.... The machine has not
been down since these changes were made, so I figured that they would
"eventually" make their way to disk... Perhaps I'm wrong.

Any other Ideas ? :)

Thanks,
Mark