Re: Updated Linux kernel preemption patches

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 14:44:21 EST

On Mon, 2001-08-27 at 15:31, J Sloan wrote:
> I get the same error -
>
> RH 7.1 + updates and bits of rawhide -

I am looking into this, but I do not have this problem (which is odd).

The patch wraps one define of atomic_dec_and_lock in an #ifndef
CONFIG_PREEMPT, but I assume there is another defination elsewhere. For
whatever reason, my kernel compiles fine.

I am going to update the patch to 2.4.9-ac2, give that a try.

Wait a second...you are _ENABLING_ the configure option, right? Always
run `make oldconfig' !!! If you are not, in this case, the patch is
breaking compiles where CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set...now I can fix that.
Please let me know.

--
Robert M. Love
rml at ufl.edu