Problem with module esssolo1.o

From: Marcel Loesberg (mhll@dds.nl)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 15:00:20 EST

Hi,

I'm not a kernel developer and I have no idea where I should send this
request to. I hope you can forward it to the right person/list.
Please also ask if he/she/they can "Cc:" me on the discussion because I'm not
a member of the list.

My problem:

When I try to compile and install the esssolo1.o module I get the following
error after typing "make modules_install".

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.8/kernel/drivers/sound/esssolo1.o
depmod: gameport_register_port
depmod: gameport_unregister_port

I tried this with kernel 2.4.8 and 2.4.9
My system is a IBM Thinkpad 390e (the version with a Celeron CPU).
The sound card is a ESS Solo 1 that is build into the laptop.
The laptop/soundcard doesn't have a gameport.
With the kernel that ships with RedHat Linux 7.1 (2.4.2-2) the soundcard does
work.

I hope you can tell me how I can get it working with the latest kernel.

With kind regards,

Marcel Loesberg