Re[03]: Kernel 2.4.8 - No rule to make target `/etc/sound/dsp001.ld'

From: John L. Males (jlmales@softhome.net)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 22:07:41 EST

Keith,

Thanks for the insight. I do try to tell the truth about my system,
but I do tend to compile for a multipurpose kernel. This is often
driven by specific QA testing methology requirements I need in a
larger scope of requirements. Hence why I configured 'Have DSPxxx.LD
firmware file' to yes.

I do read each and every one of the kernel help's associated with
each configuration item. I was not aware I needed the .LD file at
time of compiling the kernel. Perhaps it would be something to add
to the Kernel "To Do" list for the Help on 'Have DSPxxx.LD firmware
file' to be a bit more specific on the requirement as you have
pointed out. Just a thought, for those of us who do read the
associated help items when compiling a kernel. I insist on reading
each item when I compile a kernel, even when doing the exact same
Kernel again, to be certain I remembered what I need to know, as I
cannot remember all the details, nor compile a Kernel that often to
comit all this infor to my head.

As for the nested PGP, that was my error not the mail program I used.
 As a result of my own error the nested PGP signature as well as the
attachments were processed by PGP the way they were. That was not my
intent. Sorry for my error on the PGP of the original eMail I sent.

I do thank you for taking the time and offering the insight for this
issue I had. It does help. when I get a chance I will see if
perhaps I can figure out where and the format of the Help information
is and see if I can send in a proposed change as a result of this
issue I had.

Regards,

John L. Males
Willowdale, Ontario