Re: Novell Attacks Linux

From: Bruce Ferrell (bferrell@baywinds.org)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 15:25:09 EST

Jeff,

In the letter you referenced in your posting to the LKML you've made the
claim that Novell is "declaring war on Linux".

It seems, after reading the letter that was scanned and posted on the
timpanogas web site, that they've simply said no to some request that
made of them. And further told you they think they can win should you
pursue legal action.

I admit, I do have a soft spot for Netware as it was my "baby" network
but I'm not an employee of Novell or major fan today. It's just too
expensive. Novell just doesn't seem to be able to adapt to current
conditions today. Too bad as their server is much better than anything
coming out of Redmond.

All of that not withstanding, I don't think you're doing yourself or us
any good by making what seem to be exagerated claims.

Just my 2 cents worth.