Remounting problem on Dell 6450 and 2.4.4

From: Hugh Caley (hcaley@loomer.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 13:22:09 EST

I hope this is the correct forum for this. I am trying to build a 2.4.4
kernel (don't ask, EMC requires it) for a Dell 6450 with a megaraid
controller. I have tried it both building the megaraid and aic7xxx
drivers as modules and non-modular.

In either case, the machine boots, it finds the disks, and then somehow
the root filesystem is never remounted read-write and so all the system
services fail to start up.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Dell 6450, RedHat 7.2 (with lots of updates), 2.4.4 source from
ftp.us.kernel.org.

Hugh