Re: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war

From: Brad Chapman (kakadu_croc@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 19:21:45 EST

--- Tobias Diedrich <ranma@gmx.at> wrote:
> Brad Chapman wrote:
>
> > This way, some hackers can use the two-arg min()/max() inside an #ifdef block,
> > other hackers can use the three-arg min()/max() inside an #ifdef block,
> > and people who don't care can select either.
>
> Umm, you know this means some drivers will work only with one setting, unless
> you always code both versions, which would be stupid ?
>
> --
> Tobias PGP-Key: 0x9AC7E0BC

Mr. Diedrich,

        Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why we should try to centralize the #ifdef
somewhere, so that everybody sees a unified interface, but at the same time,
do this correctly _and_ _without_ the use of typeof().

        BTW what is your opinion on the things I suggested?

Brad

=====
Brad Chapman

Permanent e-mail: kakadu_croc@yahoo.com