Re: What version of the kernel fixes these VM issues?

From: Mark Frazer (mark@somanetworks.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 13:48:42 EST

Hi Nicolas. You should run vmstat and watch the paging activity.
We've seen our ARM boards get driven to a standstill by paging when
they run out of RAM. We have no swap either. To make things worse,
our flash loads are compressed, so we burn all our CPU in decompression
when paging back in. If you have no swap, the only thing that can be
booted out are executable pages.

Kernel folk: do /proc/sys/vm/{pagecache,buffermem} still do anything?
Could Nicolas still limit the pagecache using these?

cheers
-mark

Nicolas Pitre <nico@cam.org> [01/08/24 14:38]: