Re: File System Limitations

From: Fred (fred@arkansaswebs.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 18:40:59 EST

glibc-2.2.2-10

dd if=/dev/zero of=./tgb count=4000 bs=1M

created file of 2147483647 bytes

[root@bits /a5]# dd if=/dev/zero of=./tgb count=4000 bs=1M
File size limit exceeded (core dumped)
[root@bits /a5]#

is glibc part of gcc? where do i find glibc?
(I've recently compiled gcc-3.00, but won't install cause it breaks kernel
compilations).

TIA

Fred