RE: Could /dev/epoll deliver aio completion notifications? (was:

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@xmailserver.org)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 16:17:14 EST

On 04-Aug-2001 Dan Kegel wrote:
> Davide, is that along the lines of what you were thinking of
> for /dev/epoll and disk files? (Plain old polling of disk
> files doesn't make much sense unless you're just interested in
> them growing, I suppose; aio completion notification is what you
> really want.)

Dan, sorry for the response delay but I was in Vacation Mode ( new CPU execution mode
that will be included in the next x86 generation ).
I trashed my original idea to extend /dev/epoll to other other files coz this will make the
patch way more intrusive. The only easy extension that comes in my mind is pipes.
As soon as I'll finish to read the remaining 4231 messages in my mbox I'll fix /dev/epoll
to get rid of stale events that I ( and Erich Nahum ) noticed in the current implementation.

- Davide