Kernel 2.4.9 and an AMD compile

From: Kingsley Foreman (Kingsley@wintronics.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 04:52:28 EST

Ive compiled kernel 2.4.9 as an amd athlon cpu

ive got a amd 1.2 on a via kt133a mb

It compiles fine but when i try to boot that kernel it randomly segfaults
and gives me gives me kernel panics at boot up ive tried
2.4.6-2.4.8 and they all do the same but it works if i compile it as a i686
cpu

Im new to the list so if it has come up before i appoligize
anyone got any ideas what causes this and any way of fixing it

Kingsley
This signature set seems to have reduced my spam. Maybe if everyone does
 it we can defeat the email search bots. tosspam@aol.com abuse@aol.com
 abuse@yahoo.com abuse@hotmail.com abuse@msn.com abuse@sprint.com
abuse@earthlink.com uce@ftc.gov abuse@fbi.gov abuse@cia.gov abuse@nsa.gov