2.4.9 Locks up with multiple video cards and SMP.

From: Laramie Leavitt (laramie.leavitt@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 19:19:19 EST

I would appreciate some input with my situation.
I have two video cards and a SMP machine. When I
compile Linux for SMP it always OOPses on boot.
(Search the archives for where. Basically in vgacon_cursor...)
However, with the same kernel I can boot with
maxcpus=1. This is the third time I have mentioned
The problem on this mailing list. Does anyone have
_any_ information or suggestions? I have looked through
the init code and everything there appears to be sane.
I would like to track this down because it basically means that I
cannot use Linux.

I can't use a serial console to record the oops,
but what is available I have posted to the mailing list.

Laramie