Kernel Locking Up

From: Travis Shirk (travis@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 10:46:14 EST

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to the 2.4.x (currently running 2.4.8)
kernels, my machine has been locking up every other day
or so. Does anyone have any hints/tips for figuring out
what is going on.

The symptons are total lock-up of the machine. No mouse
movement, all GUI monoitors freeze, and I cannot switch to a
virtual console. I'm not able to ping the locked machine or
ssh/telnet into it either. So I'm left wondering....how and
the hell to I debug this problem. It'd be nice to have some
more information to go on or post to the list.

I'm running on a dual PIII 850, and this problem occurs with
2.4.7 and 2.4.8.

Any suggestions?

Travis

--
Travis Shirk <travis at pobox dot com>
Mathematics is God and Knuth is our prophet.